PHILIPPINE LAWS, STATUTES AND CODES - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY
PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1966 - FURTHER AMENDING PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 810, AS AMENDED
Sec. 3 of Presidential Decree No. 810 requires the grantee of the
franchise to operate, construct and maintain a fronton for Basque
Pelota and similar games of skill in the Greater Manila Area to provide
mechanical and/or computerized devices, such as an electric totalizator
and other devices specified therein for clean, honest and orderly
Basque Pelota games within three years from the grant of the said
WHEREAS, compliance with the foregoing requirement will entail enormous expenditures on the part of the grantee, taking into account not only the initial costs of importing and installing the necessary devises but also the costs of maintaining them;
WHEREAS, considering that the grantee, pursuant to the call of government to enhance the tourism appeal of the country, has spent a sizeable sum of money in completely renovating the facilities of the present fronton, thereby making it difficult for the grantee to comply with the aforementioned Sec. 3 of Presidential Decree No. 810 unless support is accorded to it by the government and the public;
WHEREAS, government support and inducement in developing the sport of Basque Pelota to a level at par with international standards is provided for under Presidential Decree No. 810.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, hereby decree as follows:
Section 1.chanroblesnad Sec. 4 of Presidential Decree No. 810 is hereby amended to read as follows:
"Sec. 4.chanroblesnad The total wager fund on gross receipts from the sale of betting tickets will be apportioned as follows: sixty-nine per centum (69%) shall be distributed in the form of dividends among the holders of "win" or "place" numbers or holders of the winning combination or grouping of numbers as the case may be. The remaining balance of thirty one per centum (31%) shall be distributed as follows: seventeen per centum (17%) shall be set aside as the commission fee of the grantee, four per centum (4%) thereof shall be set aside and allotted to any special health, educational, civic, cultural, charitable, social welfare, sports, and other similar projects as may be directed by the President, and a final tax of ten per centum (10%) shall be levied as a final tax in lieu of any kind, nature or description, levied, established or collected by any municipal, provincial, or national authority, except income tax; provided, that no other taxes shall be levied upon booking stations, established pursuant to this Decree; and provided, further that the aforesaid tax shall be remitted to the Bureau of Internal Revenue every quarter."
Sec. 2.chanroblesnad Any provision of laws to the contrary notwithstanding, the grantee is hereby authorized to hold or conduct Basque Pelota games (including the games of pala, raqueta, cestapunta, remonte and mano) within Metro Manila, establish branches thereof for booking purposes therein or in any other place within the Philippines, subject to the existing rules and regulations.
Sec. 3.chanroblesnad All laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations inconsistent with this Decree are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
Sec. 4.chanroblesnad This Decree shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 11th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-five.
Back to Main