PHILIPPINE LAWS, STATUTES AND CODES - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY
MGA BATAS PAMBANSA
|BATAS PAMBANSA BLG. 569 - AN ACT
CONVERTING THE SAN JUAN COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL IN THE MUNICIPALITY
OF SAN JUAN, PROVINCE OF SOUTHERN LEYTE, INTO A POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE TO
BE KNOWN AS THE SAN JUAN POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
|Section 1. The
San Juan Comprehensive High School in the Municipality of San Juan,
Province of Southern Leyte, is hereby converted into a polytechnic
college to be known as the San Juan Polytechnic College.
Sec. 2. The San Juan Polytechnic College shall have the following purposes:
1) To produce trained and skilled manpower relevant to the socio-economic growth of the region in general and the service area in particular, along the program of agro-industrial development of the country;
2) To provide tertiary education that is accessible to the broad mass, particularly the qualified but economically disadvantaged members of society in the service area;
3) To offer technological and professional courses and provide leadership in the scientific and technical fields through research and skills training;
4) To promote and establish linkages with public and private agencies or instrumentalities within the context of an integrated implementation of development plans for the region;
5) To reinforce moral values, and to instill qualities of good citizenship through understanding and appreciation of the dignity of labor.
Sec. 3. All personnel, assets, liabilities, records and appropriations of the San Juan Comprehensive High School are transferred to the San Juan Polytechnic College.
Sec. 4. All existing appropriations for the San Juan Comprehensive High School are hereby transferred to the San Juan Polytechnic College, to be disbursed in accordance with the provisions of this Act. The necessary sum for the operation and maintenance of the new college shall be provided for in subsequent General Appropriations Acts, until which time the operation of the institution as a college shall be deferred, provided that its new name shall take effect upon approval of this Act.
Sec. 5. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.
Approved: June 24, 1983.
Back to Main